July 3, 2011

Recovering

Well, had the negative blood test, but when nasty AF reared her ugly head I knew for sure. I kept holding out some small hope that the test was wrong! I guess most go through that too. After speaking with the doctor during our WTF phone call, he thinks the problem is one of three things. Either my hormone levels were not right, there is a genetic issue with the embryos or a communication issue with them. So, we are starting to prepare for a FET cycle and will implant all three frozen embryos. Being that it's a frozen cycle and there is no retrievel, they can fool with my levels more closely and make sure they are perfect. Then, if it doesn't work, we know it was not my body, but the embryos. Then upon the second fresh cycle, they will biopsy the embyos to see if it is a genetic issue. They will only implant those without genetic abnormalities, (if there are any abnormalities, and/or if there are any without issues) then, if that doesn't work, we know it's a communication issue and that cannot be tested for or corrected and then we are looking at donor embryos. DH and I think regardless of what the testing reveals, we will exhaust our insurance coverage of the IVF before explaoring donors. So, that's where we are. Had my first glasses of wine today in a while and it felt good! Happy 4th of July all, expecially all you other army wives out there!

No comments: