August 27, 2011

3dp5dt

I am now off bedrest and extremely thankful for that! Now, we prepare for Irene. We have not been ordered to evacuate, which is quite amusing since the next town over (across the lake from us about 50 feet!) has been ordered to leave. I live next to a tidal lake (really just an ocean overflow) and about 4 blocks from the ocean in NJ. We have boarded up which has left us feeling very cave like. We have water, flashlights, batteries, candles, food, and I think we are prepared. Happy to have heard that Irene weakened a little overnight. The first bands of rain have just started to hit us. We are getting really heavy rains like once an hour. It's going to be a really long two days. Especially cooped up with my parents (see earlier post). But, of course, the main thing on my mind is going to the pharmacy before they close so I can start testing tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Hoping that Irene leaves you relatively unscathed! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!